Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Technique Tuesday ... Mosaic Frame

Mosaic Tiles


Step 1
Step 2

Step 3
Finished!
1.What you will need is designer series paper strips (approx 1/2" wide) just use your scraps. I used Tombow glue and Copper embossing powder. I just cut strips of the paper into little random shapes in a pile and applied glue to the mat of the frame in small sections (2) and started piecing the paper all over. I would then apply the embossing powder and heat emboss a section (3)(about a 6 inch section at a time). Then there you go. A cute and unique matting or background for a frame. (This is actually a gift for a close friend of mine. Hope she doesnt read this before I get her gift to her). :)
Have a stamptabulous day! Try the technique. You will like it!

Julie


1 comments:

~BuzyKeriBee~ said...

VERY CUTE! In fact, I hav tried it and its alot of fun!! Made Chrismas cards one time with the mosaics... anyway can't wait to see what is next. And I am sure she will love the gift!!!